Blue Heron Copper Cottage Weathervane
Add a different bracket
Cottage Weathervane Accessories
Our Heron in flight is a superb piece of weather vane art. Well proportioned for smaller buildings, garages, gazebos or even simply mounted on a fence post for all to see.
This product range is exclusive to us - if you find it anywhere else it must have come from us originally so our prices are unbeatable with the best stock availability and fast delivery service.
This artisan piece is made from copper and the quality craftsmanship ensures years of maintenance free enjoyment. Cottage weather vanes come with an eave mount bracket as standard, alternative fixing brackets are available, see the panel below.
This Heron is ready to fly and we supply a lock down ring which must be fitted to ensure that doesn't happen in high winds.
Polished copper will quickly lose it's lustre and over a period of time develop an aged patina before finally going Verdigris after many years.
- Figure, and Spacer balls are made of quality copper for beauty and longevity
- NSEW Cardinals made from cast brass
- Durable assembly rod ensures years of maintenance-free enjoy
- Overall dimensions include spacer balls, directionals, and 10mm diameter mild steel rod measuring approx. 380mm in length
- Standard 5" (125mm) stand off bracket supplied with weathervane
Overall dimensions of assembled weather vane:-
- Width - wing tip to wing tip width 420mm ( 16 inches)
- Length of body - beak to end of legs 400mm (16 inches)
- Total assembled height on stem excluding bracket 540mm (21.25 inches)
- Cardinal Points (NSEW) Length 290mm (11.5 inches) Height 50 mm (2 inches)
Copper is used on our 3D ranges (heads and spacers) offering timeless quality with corrosion-free durability. This precious metal naturally achieves a Verdigris effect over a period of time. A lacquer spray can be used to prolong the polished effect and delay the development of the natural patina. The 3D bodies are handcrafted from beaten copper sections and brazed. The brazing will be visible, but this does not tend to detract from the overall good looks of our copper weathervanes.
Cast brass fittings are used for the cardinal points (NSEW) on our 3D polished copper weathervanes.
Steel is used for the rotation rods and standard bracket mount on the 3D weathervanes. The steel is coated with an exterior quality powder coat paint for extended life.
The weathervane rods and mounts are coated with an exterior quality powder coat paint which protects the steel and offers a durable finish. You can expect this finish to look good for quite some time! For extended life, we suggest giving the mount a coat of Hammerite paint.
Can't open the file? Click here to download adobe reader.
We Also Recommend